Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Here We Go

Mark Jarosinski and I will ibe heading over to Kenya this afternoon. By the time this day is over we will be with the Kellys in Langatta, Nairobi, Kenya. I am excited and a little anxious about the trip. It is a long flight, actually two flights, and I’m not any more used to sitting for 16 hours now than I was when I first went. But my nervousness goes beyond the normal travel concerns of long flight, will I get sick, hope my luggage makes it. This trip feels different to me. It could be due to the change in my role or because I’ve never been at this time of year. It could be due to the changes that have occurred in Kenya since I’ve been there. It could be a lot of things but I believe this trip feels different because it is different. God has been working in Living Hope Church and in Kenya. God has been creatively changing the Kelly family and the direction of their lives and creatively leading Living Hope. This trip feels like the next step in an epic journey. I am humbled and blessed to have a role in God’s plan. Yes, I am feeling a little anxious about this trip but I think we should always be mindful of the awesome, amazing , holy God we serve and the role we have in His plan. I pray that God will make me worthy of the calling He has made on my life and continue to make me into the man He wants me to be.


Please pray for Mark and I as we travel. We will be sure to pass your greetings on to everyone we meet. We will be in Nairobi, Nakuru, Githurai, Kiberra and G-town. We will be planning the October trip as well as visiting the places we have worked in the past. It will be exciting and I am looking forward to every step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment