Friday, May 21, 2010

3 Weeks and Counting!

Team drama training weekend completed successfully - check
Weekly deposits accounted for and submitted - check
Airfare final balance paid - check
Passports received and turned in - check
Passports copied - one to take with and one to keep here - check
International travel insurance ordered - check
Compiling important documents folder for Donna (passports copies, airfare info, insurance, and emergency contact numbers) - ongoing
Devotional books/journals ordered for the team - check
Budget reviewed and in order - check
Finalizing itinerary schedule and budget expenses - check
Shopping for last minute stuff - ongoing
Brat fry and booyah missions sale - Sunday
Final immunizations and vaccinations administered - Sunday
Communications with Dan - ongoing
Caregiver plans for children remaining - ongoing
Phone calls, emails, communication with parents/teens - ongoing
Rummage sale - next Saturday
Finalizing bus arrangements - ongoing
Preparing for Camp Daniel camps and organizing my responsiblities for the kitchen - ongoing
**(I need kitchen help wk 1 and 3 - any volunteers??!! ;)
Communication with additional team members - 2 from Canada, 1 from North Dakota
Shopping for items to bring for the Germos and coordinating other people's involvment in the process - Thanks Living Hope Church for your generous giving!!! - ongoing
Upkeep of the day to day stuff - like laundry, cleaning - definately ongoing!
Giving our dog multiple baths after he decided to befriend Pepe' Le Peux (aka Mr. Skunk who decided to reside in our backyard!!!) Definately NOT in my schedule to do! Dumb dog!
Taking time for my kids, hubby and going for walks - try to do!!
Shopping for totes - to do
Packing totes - to do
Purchasing supplies - to do
Raising building funds - to do
Celebrating son Tommy's birthday - June 1st
Pay bills in advance - to do


Whew....that list hopefuly is geting smaller....lots to do yet! I'm sure there will be more to add in the next 3 weeks! Just the way it works

One thing I realized earlier in the week that, if I don't take the time to stop and breathe and to continually keep in check the things that need to be a priority, I find out very quickly how easy it is to become overwhelmed by it all. Circumstances seem to get the best of me and very quickly worry, fear and anxiety can come in like a flood.

Last week, I received the news that my doctor wanted me to come back in to re-evalute my mamogram that had been that week. Needless to say, it was the last thing I wanted to hear....and I found myself becoming fearful. As the weekend progressed, I realized that I had the opportunity to reflect Christ in that situation and to respond in the way the God wanted me to.

Last fall, in the Bible study I was doing, the author was talking about how she deals with fear. She will say "So, if this is _______ then ________" . No matter how many negative scenariors she came up with, the end result was that, if that did happen....what remained at the end was that God would be there. God would be there from the beginning to the very end.

I found the peace began to flow as I "played out" the scenario in my mind. "So if this is cancer, then God will be there with me through it all." The thoughts never fully left me, but the peace of God was stronger than the fears and that was all I needed!

May the God of all Peace fill you through and through whatever circumstances you may be going through! Remember to "Be still and know that I AM God"!!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment